Archimedean screw uses water flow in streams or natural / artificial channels such as rivers, streams, and tea to produce electricity and uses kinetic energy released by the rotation of the hydrodynamic screw.
The Hydrodynamic Drills operate with the gravity acceleration with the iv weight çek principle. This means that the water moves at a slower rate in the drill compartments from the upper level to the lower level. The weight of the water in each chamber applies a ”torque” force to the drill shaft and blades and ensures that the drill and thus the generator shaft are rotated. The low rotational speed of the drill is accelerated by means of a gearbox, allowing the generator shaft to rotate and generate electricity. Although the largest drill is 270 kW, the energy can be generated in parallel with MW. The water inlet channel prevents large foreign matter from entering the system (which is not desirable to float freely) thanks to the large railings that prevent the passage of large particles. Smaller sediments which provide protection of the natural sedimentation structure in water can pass through this wide screen and therefore drill. The efficient and inexpensive production of energy by this method has a significant advantage over the methods that do this by harming the nature. Hydrodynamic drills can provide efficient electrical energy production in all environments where the differences between the upper level of the water and the lower level are favorable.
Fields of Use
- Existing barrages
- Irrigation channels
- Existing hydropower production facilities tail and can water outlets
- In the case of idle small scale water jumps and dams
- Clean water outlets of treatment plants
- City water distribution centers
- In factories where cooling water circulation is carried out
- To all rivers and rivers with sufficient water
All natural and legal persons who wish to generate their own electricity and sell more may consider this investment. For example, we can mention the municipalities, villages, organized industrial zones, agriculture, animal husbandry, industry and tourism enterprises.
Both compact, semi-compact or steel bed models are shipped to the customer ready for installation. Depending on the model, civil engineering is almost unnecessary.
- Water volume: 0.3m³/h and 10m³/h
- Head: 1m to 10m
- Power: 343kW to 3kW (single drill)
MACHCON® Archimedes Conveyor
- Drill can be installed near residential areas. The system runs smoothly and quietly.
- It is easy to install, works at high and non-variable efficiency. It has a very high efficiency coefficient even at 10% of the project flow.
- It is easy to set up and is installed in a very short time and without disturbing people and it costs very low maintenance.
- Monitoring work can be performed safely on a remote computer.
- It does not require very dangerous construction work. A simple basic and two support is sufficient for installation.
- Archimedean screw does not work under pressure, unlike other systems. This allows the fish to move from one place to another. Fish can easily pass through the drill. The movement of fish in the other direction can be provided through the fish passage.
- Archimedean screw improves oxygenation and water quality. This positively affects the growth of fish growth. Water collection on the drill in the lowest water volume helps to protect the river bed and the living life.
- Simple and durable design